2020 HAS LEFT MANY OF US FEELING LIKE WE NEED TO REHABILITATE OUR MINDS, OUR BODIES, AND OUR SOULS. WE NEED TO DETOX FROM THE MENTAL, PHYSICAL, AND EMOTIONAL EXCESS WE HAVE CONSUMED IN THE LAST YEAR AND FILL OURSELVES WITH THE GOOD THINGS OF GOD.
• Eliminate unhealthy foods
• Participate in a partial or complete food fast
• Refrain from unhealthy activities
(drugs/alcohol, staying up late, speeding)
• Eat only healthy foods
• Exercise regularly
• Go to bed/get up on time
• Drive the speed limit
• Practice healthy stress relief
• Give up Social Media
• Refrain from watching the news
• Limit screen time
• Read a book
• Join a class
• Take up a hobby
• Challenge your brain
• Refrain from unhealthy relationships/toxic friendships
• Release fear/bitterness/anger
• Give up unhealthy spirituality
(mysticism, occult, superstition)
• Practice patience/forgiveness
• Read your Bible daily
• Pray every day
• Come to church (actively sing, pray, and learn)
• Participate in/join a small group
CHECK OUT THIS GUIDE OUR TEAM HAS PUT TOGETHER TO GO WITH THIS WEEKENDS SERMON. USE IT FOR YOUR SMALL GROUP, OR PERSONAL DEVOTIONAL TIME TO GO MORE IN DEPTH WITH THE PASSAGE AND CONTENT FROM THE WEEKEND SERVICE.
For previous weeks detox content click here
It is so important to model the principle of staying in God's word, prayer and fasting to our kids and it’s actually quite simple to introduce different ways they can participate. The best way to encourage our kids to do these things is to keep it fun and simple. our team has created the following guides to help you get your kids involved with the fast! see below!
Looking for more info on fasting? SEE BELOW for a more detailed description of what fasting is, why we’re doing it, and HOW to do it (it has lots of details for a partial or complete food fast too!!)
Want to pray but feel a little unsure how to get started? Our friends at a church back east wrote this helpful guide that will get your prayer life up and running.